Data, and Geographic Information Systems
BICC's work includes the collection and storage of data, data provision and use, spatial data visualization as well as the development of interactive database and WebGIS applications. In BICC’s ‘knowledge circle’, data and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are integrated in many projects and publications at BICC, such as the arms export database and the Global Militarization Index (GMI) or in the modular information portal on war and peace in association with the German Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb).
BICC is developing innovative methods, products, and services to gain practical information from remote sensing data for monitoring peace and security.
- Global Militarization Index (GMI)
- Database arms export: 170 countries
- Interactive Guide on small arms and light weapons (SALW)
- Facts and Figures on war and peace—interactive online portal
- Country reports on security, armament and development in recipient countries of German arms exports (in German)
- Base conversion